Just like eCommerce radically changed retail and consumer behavior, so too will mobile commerce.
And it will happen even faster since consumers are already accustomed to shopping online. The only difference is the device they use.
Consider these mobile commerce statistics:
- mCommerce sales are expected to increase 37% this year to about $58 billion. That’s 20% of retail eCommerce sales (eMarketer, 2014)
- 34% of mobile internet users claim their smartphone is their primary device for going online. (Pew Internet Project, 2013)
- Smartphones drove 21.3% of all US online traffic versus tablets, at 12.8%. But tablets drove 11.5% of all online sales. Smartphones accounted for 5%. (IBM, 2014).
- There are 1.2 billion people accessing the Internet on mobile devices. (Portio, 2013).
- Smartphone users are spending 2 hours and 7 minutes per day in mobile apps. (Flurry, 2013).
- Mobile shoppers spend four times longer with a tablet app and two-and-a-half times longer with a smartphone app than on a mobile-optimized website (Adobe Digital Index, 2014)
If you don’t offer a mobile-optimized website, you are giving shoppers who want to buy from you a disappointing customer experience. If you don’t have public-facing shopping app, or an in-house sales productivity app, you are missing valuable face time with the people who make you money: your shoppers and your sales team.
Tejas Software offers exceptional mobile development and integration capabilities that keep you relevant with smartphone and tablet shoppers. From creating mobile-optimized websites to custom mobile app development, Tejas enables mobile commerce, everywhere.